Monday, February 12, 2007

Obama, Why Not?

I watched the 60 minute piece on Barack Obama and after doing so, I figure what the hell, I’ll bite. Listening to Hilary Clinton talk is enough to make a man doubt the meaning of life, so hearing someone act halfway fucking normal on national TV is like a gift of oxygen in a land of methane and piss. I’m sure that some folks will suggest that he’s got some sort of fatal flaw and that he’s too ambitious and whatever. But until someone shows me a person like him who is as basically human and who answers questions with something like the truth attached to them rather that something that sounds like it came out of a polling focus group I’m for this son-of-a-bitch. Damn, his wife even made a sardonic joke about the two of them fighting and her being pissed off that he smokes. Listening to the radio the other day I heard a story whereby he apologized to a brother because he had inadvertently hurt the brother’s chance to get laid. Vote Hilary in and we’ll all have trouble getting laid.

No comments: